“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
If vending machine & coffee machine are your best friends at work, this blog is for you.
One of the most common reasons of weight gain- I couldn’t find anything to eat, was very hungry and had to put my hands on whatever I could find.
Why does this happen?
- You are just too lazy to plan your meals
- You don’t care much about weight gain and other health problems
For those who are gaining weight because of reason no. 1- Congrats! You are suffering from “I have nothing to eat symptoms”
Here’s what you need to do:
- Get a diary– On your way to or back from work, note down the things that you want to eat (for the next day). Organize this list by putting the high carbohydrates and high calorie food for breakfast, pre-lunch or lunch, and the rest for evening meals and dinner. This is your diet plan. And the diary knows it all, don’t cheat.
- Stock– Keep your kitchen stocked, with healthy meals so that even if you feel hungry in the middle of the night, you have something nutritious to munch on. Same goes for your office desk. Keep it stocked with peanuts, channas, nuts, etc.
- Pack– Pack the night before (at least 6-7 meals). Yes, that much, because that is the amount of food you need to eat throughout the day, portions to be controlled, of course! Keep at least 2 servings of fruits. Easy to carry and healthy!
- Drink– Sorry to disappoint you but just a glass of water would do the needful. Every time you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and you’ll actually end up eating less than what you usually do.
While you try the above strategies, ponder a little about the role of exercise in your life; non-negotiable it is!
P.S. “I have nothing to wear symptoms” syndrome is inspired by I have nothing to wear symptoms top by GLU.
P.S. Don’t laugh at my failed pout attempts.