I recently attended the #McCainMeetup by McCain Foods at Sheraton, Saket. There, I met some food and fashion bloggers, and got the opportunity to taste quick meals prepared by the head chef of McCain- Tushar.
While on my way back home, with Veggie Fingers, Potato cheese shots and some more yumminess from McCain foods in my bag I kept thinking of making a protein rich recipe using these. As you know, potatoes contain good levels of carbohydrates which help you keep your energy levels high. How about adding some protein to these and increasing the fat burning process also?
Here’s what I came up with:
McCain Stuffed Capsicum
- McCain veggie fingers- 3-4 pieces
- Sprouts- 1/4 Cup
- Hung Curd- 1/4 cup
- Olive oil- 2 tsp
- Capsicum- cut into two
- Salt, pepper and red chili powder- as per your taste
- Grill or Bake the veggie fingers until golden brown and keep them aside.
- Grill capsicum pieces till they become a little soft
- Break veggie fingers in small pieces and mix them with sprouts and hung curd.
- Fill this mixture in capsicum cups and bake/grill again.
Garnish with mint leaves and lettuce.
Myth Buster: I had always thought that McCain food items contain preservatives but they proved me wrong. NO PRESERVATIVES! How amazing is that?
Do try and let me know how you like this recipe.