Don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning? Here’s what you need-
Overnight No Cook Oatmeal Mason Jars
- 1/3 cup Quaker oats
- 1/3 cup milk (you can use soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1/3 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 1/2 banana (can replace with any other fruit)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- Add oats, milk and yogurt to a mason jar/mug. Stir, and add flax seeds and peanut butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add banana and chocolate chips.
- Soak them in milk and curd (optional) overnight and add your flavours in the morning
- Check the consistency before refrigerating. (It should be thick)
- Though the recipe eliminates the need for any sugar but those who want to make the recipe sweeter, use honey (skip sugar)
- I can’t digest a lot of milk and hence prefer to mix curd. Also, I added peanut butter and banana intentionally, just to up the protein levels
Here’s a little about overnight oats:
Similar to oatmeal, overnight oats are fluffier and are served cold. These are prepared by soaking raw oats in liquid- milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc. – overnight in the fridge. One can try different iterations to find the best fit.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping it means you are inviting those extra kilos.