Recipe: High Protein Noodles
People keep asking me for a diet plan for weight loss. I can’t help but reply to their mails with 2 words- “Local Food”. The nutrition level of local food is incomparable and Butterandbutts has always promoted this concept of local food.
Keeping up with the same spirit, how about giving a twist to Indian noodles- Vermicelli aka seviya? Also, with this recipe, I am going to kill your hatred for one of the best & cheapest sources of vegan protein- SPROUTS!
Here why I chose this combination of sprouts and vermicelli- Sprouts do not contain complete protein & should always be consumed with grains like rice, etc.
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum – 1 small chopped finely
- Corn – 1/8 cup
- Sprouts – ¼ cup
- Onion – 1 small chopped finely
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice (1 medium sized lemon)
- Hing – a pinch
- 1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds once it’s moderately hot.
- 2. When the seeds start cracking, add ginger and hing. To this, add vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. To this, add sprouts.
- 4. In a separate pan, roast vermicelli and boil it.
- 5. Add vermicelli to the sprouts and vegetables mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- 6. Add lemon juice and stir.
And it’s ready!
This is what helps you to lose weight. Do add this to your list of healthy food recipes and let me know how you like it
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!