Recipe: DIY Protein Powder
The most common question that bothers everybody- how do you meet my daily protein requirement? The simple answer to this is- PLAN your meals! Need something simpler? Try this DIY protein powder.
This DIY protein powder would make the perfect protein-me-up sprinkle for most things that you eat on a daily basis- smoothies, oatmeal, salads, etc. without affecting the taste. I love adding it to my Overnight Oatmeal Mugs and High Protein Smoothie.
Constant high carb and high sugar food cravings, thinning hair, joint pain, low energy, moodiness, etc. are some symptoms of protein deficiency. Other than this, if you are spending time in the gym and still not seeing any changes, it could be due to insufficient protein intake.
Whether you are trying to tone your body or simply trying to meet your daily protein requirement, this DIY powder will help you reach closer to your goal. And all you need is 3 simple ingredients, which you can easily find in your kitchen-
Instant dry milk: 1/2 cup serving has a whopping 10 grams of protein, including whey protein and 8 essential nutrients.
Chia seeds: 2 tbsps ground chia seeds have 5g protein
Flax seeds: 2 tbsps ground flax seeds have 4g protein
DIY Protein Powder
Protein content: 40 grams
- This mixture can be stored up to 2 weeks. You can double the quanities in case you plan to use more.
- If you are lactose intolerant, you can replace dry milk with oats. 1 cup of oats has 10g of protein. Simply pulse the oats with flax and chia seeds and store. Powdered oats can also be an addition to the above DIY protein powder recipe. They lend a super-thick texture to smoothies, etc. and up the protein content as well.
- Dried milk has all the nutrients of milk minus vitamin C, thiamin and vitamin B12.
- Dried milk is 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey!
- Regular dry milk can be replaced with Soy Milk Powder as well.
- You can try these protein powder recipes that are not shakes- I personally love the Tiramisu pancakes.
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!