Recipe: Overnight Oatmeal Mugs
The way you break your fast can totally make or break your day. While most crib about not having enough time in the morning (I sail on the same boat, well, on most days), I decided to come up with a series of ‘Breakfast under 20’. Hopefully we will have one lesser excuse to skip breakfast. Also, one healthier step in 2018. Starting the series with delicious overnight oatmeal mugs that I can have all day, everyday.
Overnight No Cook Oatmeal Mason Jars
- 1/3 cup Quaker Strawberry oats
- 1/2 cup milk (you can use soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 2 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
- 1/2 banana mashed (can replace with any other fruit)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberry- cut into small pieces
- Add oats, milk and yogurt to a mason jar. Stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Parallely, mash 1 banana and cut strawberry into small pieces, and refrigerate.
- Soak chia seeds in water.
- Wake up and throw everything from 2 & 3 in the mason jar.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips over it. I added some coco powder too.
Now see the deal is here that I did all this to make my breakfast look pretty and get some pretty pictures too. You don’t have to layer everything. Just follow point 1 and then throw in everything that you want- Peanut butter, nuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pomegranate, almond butter- your options are endless. And this Overnight Oatmeal mugs one of the most versatile recipes.
You can obviously replace cow milk with soy milk/almond milk, etc. Like I said, your options are endless.
For those who want to take the nutritional value of this meal to another level, try balancing the ingredients to ensure that you have sufficient amount of protein- for e.g. Peanut Butter, carbs- oats and fat- seeds.
- Soak them in milk and curd overnight and add your flavours in the morning
- Check the consistency before refrigerating. (It should be thick and not liquidy)
- There is no need to add any sugar because almost every ingredient has sufficient amounts of sugar.
Here’s a little about overnight oats:
Compared to regular oatmeal, overnight oatmeal is fluffier and is served cold. These are prepared by soaking raw oats in liquid- milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc. – overnight in the fridge. One can try different iterations to find the best fit.
Go make yourself some overnight oats and break the fast.
Have questions? Post them in the comments section and I’ll be happy to answer them.
All images have been shot by @coloraddicted
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!