Recipe: No Bake Chocolate Oats Bar
I’m always on the lookout for healthy munchies that I can keep in my bag and carry to work and these no bake chocolate oats bars are the perfect deal.
My search for healthy food started when I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Instead of waking up to the smell of fresh coffee, I was forced to take a pill, which would leave me bloated for the rest of the day. But I’ve never been a fan of rules. I stopped taking all medicines after a month and joined the college gym. Soon I realized that wasn’t enough. Taking 4 eggs after my gyming season wasn’t really doing the job. I felt energy less, almost always. And since I was staying in a paying guest accommodation, I couldn’t use the kitchen for anything except for making tea. Oh, life! I started looking for healthy snacks which did nothing other than leaving me broke.
5 years later, when I look back, I can’t help but laugh at how from knowing literally nothing about cooking and my parents taking about how I should come back home, to trying new recipes whenever every week, I feel I’ve come a long way.
Look at these no bake chocolate oats bars, they are the real deal. They curb the sweet tooth without ruining your waistline. Oh and did I tell you these are gluten free?!
HAPPY HEALTHY EATING!
- 2 cup dry oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- Dark chocolate
- Other nuts- cashews, peanuts, etc.
- Take 4-5 tbsp butter in a pan and melt it.
- Once the butter is half melted, add brown sugar and honey to this mixture.
- Collect the rest of the dry ingredients separately- dry oats, walnuts, raisins.
- Once the mixture in 3 begins to boil, pour the dry ingredients into it.
- Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Cover it with a foil paper and press to set.
- Let this mixture cool.
- Pour dark chocolate over it.
- Let it set in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature and cut into bars.
Do share pictures if you try these no bake oats bar.
Feel free to post your queries in the comments section and I’d be more than happy to answer them.