Recipe: No Bake Chocolate Oats Bar
I’m always on the lookout for healthy munchies that I can keep in my bag and carry to work and these no bake chocolate oats bars are the perfect deal.
My search for healthy food started when I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Instead of waking up to the smell of fresh coffee, I was forced to take a pill, which would leave me bloated for the rest of the day. But I’ve never been a fan of rules. I stopped taking all medicines after a month and joined the college gym. Soon I realized that wasn’t enough. Taking 4 eggs after my gyming season wasn’t really doing the job. I felt energy less, almost always. And since I was staying in a paying guest accommodation, I couldn’t use the kitchen for anything except for making tea. Oh, life! I started looking for healthy snacks which did nothing other than leaving me broke.
5 years later, when I look back, I can’t help but laugh at how from knowing literally nothing about cooking and my parents taking about how I should come back home, to trying new recipes whenever every week, I feel I’ve come a long way.
Look at these no bake chocolate oats bars, they are the real deal. They curb the sweet tooth without ruining your waistline. Oh and did I tell you these are gluten free?!
HAPPY HEALTHY EATING!
- 2 cup dry oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- Dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp Regular Butter
- Essence (Optional)
- Take 4-5 tbsp butter in a pan and melt it.
- Once the butter is half melted, add brown sugar and honey to this mixture.
- Collect the rest of the dry ingredients separately- dry oats and nuts.
- Once the mixture in 2 begins to boil, pour the dry ingredients into it.
- Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Cover it with a foil paper and press to set.
- Let this mixture cool.
- Pour dark chocolate over it.
- Let it set in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature and cut into bars.
Do share pictures if you try these no-bake oats bar.
You can also check out the no-bake protein balls.
Feel free to post your queries in the comments section and I’d be more than happy to answer them.
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!