Recipe: How To Make Almond Milk
If you hate the taste of milk or are sensitive to it, this almond milk recipe is for you. Lactose free and unprocessed, this is a very healthy substitute for dairy milk.
Homemade Almond Milk
- Raw almonds- 1 cup
- Purified Water- 3-4 cups
- Soak almonds in water for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, drain excessive water and pour some boiling water over them. Let it sit for 5mins. Peel off the skin
- Put the almonds in a blender and make a paste
- Add 3 cups water to this paste and blend again until it’s smooth
- Slowly pour almond milk into a glass using a mesh cloth and keep removing the residue
- Squeeze the mesh cloth to remove excess liquid
- Store in the refrigerator
Don’t throw the residue and almond skin as these contain a lot of nutrients.
The residue can be used to bake cakes, make smoothies, etc. Simply place the residue on a baking tray and dry it out in the oven at a low temperature. This can also be used to make almond flour.
The skin can be used as an ingredient for face packs and scrubs.
Here are some health benefits of almond milk:
- Keeps your skin glowing
- Keeps digestion in check
- Makes bones stronger
- Heart healthy
- Barely impacts your blood sugar (Good for diabetic patients)
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!