High Protein Smoothie
Do you know what skipping breakfast does to your body? It makes you hangry! Hell yeah!
Hangry is hungry + angry. 🙂
Also, skipping breakfast makes you gain weight! THAT’S TRUE.
People who skip breakfast consume more calories than anyone else. And since they consume these calories in the later part of the day, when the metabolism slows down, the fat starts depositing. Hence, weight gain. And thousand other health problems of course!
For all those who skip breakfast, they key to change this habit is to start with simple recipes that don’t need a lot of work.
Smoothies have to be the easiest thing to make (after my favourite Overnight Oatmeal Mugs, of course! )
Though I generally make preparations for my breakfast before sleeping, I resort to smoothies on days when I am buried.
Below is my go to smoothie:
- Strawberries- 8-10
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Chia seeds/Flax seeds – 2 tsp
- Muscle Blaze Whey protein – 2 scoops
- Quaker Strawberry Oats– 4 tbsp
- Soy Milk (Can be replaced with almond/coconut/cow milk)- 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon/Honey (Optional)
- Ice (Optional)
- Throw strawberries (I keep them in the freezer overnight), curd, Muscle Blaze whey protein, oats, soy milk and a dash of cinnamon in a blender and blend for 30-60 secs. I like them thick but you can add more milk or water to thin it.
- Sprinkle your favourite seeds and enjoy!
Here are some tips to make your smoothie healthier
- Pour in liquids first and add ice last.
- Top smoothies with fresh fruit, seeds, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut for texture change and flavour. Plus all these toppings are healthy!
- Try your smoothie from a bowl if you’re not in a sipping mood.
In the above recipe, I’ve added:
Oats as they are a slow digesting carbohydrates. They produce slow increase in blood glucose and hence keep you feeling full for longer.
Whey protein to up the protein intake of the smoothie.
Chia seeds/flax seeds for fiber and good fat.
Cinnamon as the healthy alternative for sugar.
Breakfast quite literally means “Break the fast”. How do you like to break your fast?