10 Healthy Mid Meal Munchies
I’m someone who starts dreaming about lunch soon after breakfast. And if I don’t eat anything between breakfast & lunch, my stomach starts to grumble and I’m cranky. Hence, I snack!
Snacking if done the right way can make improvements to your overall health. According to a recent survey, Americans with the healthiest overall eating practices were twice as likely to snack as compared to those with less healthy eating habits.
Plan your snacks in advance and keep them in your handbag. Not only will this curb cravings but will also give you the energy to keep going and hit that post-work party with a glow on your face.
It’s important to have access to nutritious food so that if you get a snack attack between meals you won’t reach for the vending machine. Here are 10 easy snack ideas to satisfy your mid-meals’ hunger:
- Nuts- Cashews, raisins, etc.
- Sandwiches with healthy stuffing like cheese, hung curd and veggies
- Boiled eggs
- Dark chocolate cubes
- Peanuts- Keep a packet of salted peanuts in your bag.
- Sprouts- Boiled Rajmah, Chole, and dals make for excellent sprouts, and are a very good source of high quality protein.
- Protein bars
- Soy milk, almond milk, buttermilk, lassi, yogurt, coconut water, etc
- Raw veggies with yogurt dip
Stop associating snacking with guilt. Get creative and you will find endless options.
Need more ideas or have queries regarding mid meal munchies? Feel free to drop in your queries in the comments section. J
Hi! I am Deepika Khosla! A health and fitness enthusiast who believes that life is too short to find amazing clothes for XL size. But then who wants to starve? I share easy tips and tricks to keep your body fit and toned!